CureZone   Log On   Join
Weight Loss on Macrobiotic Diet

SaintFuture60 Views: 937
Published: 10 years ago

Weight Loss on Macrobiotic Diet

1/09/14: Hello, everyone! After the 1st of the year, I became annoyed with the overabundance of medication my MD has prescribed for me for Type II Diabetes. Knowing that 90% of doctors over-prescribe so that they won't be sued or litigated against, I make a choice to eliminate some medication and cut down drastically on dosage. I am still on Metformin, Aggrenox(has a blood thinner and Tylenol for post-stroke maintenance)and an anti-depressant. The other day, as a curiousity, I weighed myself. I discovered I had lost 15 pounds. Eureka! I thought. I attribute this to eating mostly macrobiotic food, but not with the strictness that seems to have plagued the diet from its inception. Nonetheless, I incorporate whole grains at nearly every meal. Of course, like anyone with an ounce of honesty to them, I cheat on the diet as well. I will have some pizza onxce in a while, dropping down drastically in love for that comfort food. Also, I will have chicken or turkey on occasion, about every two weeks or so. I can have as much fish as I want, but I do stay away from red-meat fish like tuna. I won't eat tilapia. I eat poached eggs. I enjoy catfish and any freshwater fish. I eat potatoes: a no-no in macro circles because it is a nightshade plant. But once in a while. Otherwise, I drink coffee, eat Italian sausage when it suits me (I am half Italian), and enjoy wine now I will have some pizza once in a while, dropping down drastically in love for that comfort food. Also, I will have chicken or turkey on occasion, about every two weeks or so. I can have as much fish as I want, but I do stay away from red-meat fish like tuna. I won't eat tilapia. I eat poached eggs. I enjoy catfish and any freshwater fish. I eat potatoes: a no-no in macro circles because it is a nightshade plant. But once in a while. Otherwise, I drink coffee, eat Italian sausage when it suits me (I am half Italian), and enjoy wine. I would be interested in hearing from you! All comments are welcome! Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.055 sec, (1)