CureZone   Log On   Join
New with exfoliative chelitis

Views: 6,108
Published: 11 y

New with exfoliative chelitis

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for quite some time and now decided to join this support group as I am in need to talk to ppl experiencing the same thing I'm going through.

I have peeling lips for 4 months already. I am 90% sure I got this from my recurrent cold sores. In the summer time, i kept breaking out in cold sores every week for months and every outbreak, I would notice my lip skin get white and soggy. I would just wipe off the dead skin and in a few days new ones would grow back normally. This continued for awhile until one day, after an outbreak, it didn't heal and kept peeling in sheets.

I am very careful with eating and drinking not letting anything touch my lips. I don't let anything get in contact with it unless I'm brushing my teeth which is unavoidable. I apply Vaseline everyday and have seen dermatologists with no hope. I just pray one day it'll just disappear as no medicine seems to work.

To make matters worse, I still get cold sores along with my peeling lips ! My outbreaks are very severe covering my entire lips but I'm taking medicine everyday so it's not noticeable.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)