CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Help! Scalp sore / lump that itches. Scared.

Views: 19,337
Published: 11 y

Help! Scalp sore / lump that itches. Scared.

Please help. I'm an almost 30 year old female.
Over the past year I've been dealing with a lot of stress (I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it). In the past, I have developed extremely itchy sores that would last a couple months and then heal up. I noticed they tend to develop in the summer mostly, but it was only like one, once a year. I'd get this tendency to pick at them so I assume that elongated the healing process. They'd start out as an itchy area, then I'd feel a huge Swollen area on my scalp, then it would just become a small itchy boil-like sore. This past year over had many more than usual, one after another. I'd stop picking at the old one when a new one would arise. At one point I had 3 forming. I kept trying to pop them but nothing. Simultaneously, I had been experiencing hair loss and shiny thinning scalp and i could see various parts of my scalp had Swollen hair follicles. Some parts of my scalp looked milky, while others looked almost like shiny fish scales. I had just experienced some rapid weight loss due to my stressful situation, along with having picked up smoking meth to "alleviate" the stress, so I assumed the weight-loss had contributed to the hairloss and the meth most likely increased my scalp picking tendency. I have been diagnosed with Depression /anxiety in the past.
So, out of those last 3 sores I began to focus on just this one to try to allow the others to heal. They did. Then I began to try and pop this one several times. I'd pick at it obsessively. More than I had to others in the part. It began to look like a crater and now when it starts to itch recently looks like a swollen broccoli had. It's just gross. Now I'm scared of it because it looks like those carcinoma pictures on Google.

I haven't gone to the doctor since I just recently lost my job.
I don't know what it is ans don't know what to do. I'm too embarrassed to show anyone because it's disgusting.

Please help!

The "fluffy" swollen picture is the most recent, while the other is about two weeks prior

//www.curezone.org/upload/_A_Forums/Ask_CureZone/20130907_031802.jpg

//www.curezone.org/upload/_A_Forums/Ask_CureZone/20130828_1451011.jpg

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)