CureZone   Log On   Join
Lyme disease and black pieces and mucus in stool

Views: 6,524
Published: 11 y

Lyme disease and black pieces and mucus in stool

Hi, Was wondering if snyone might know about this.

To put it simply I've been off Antibiotics for weeks now (after using them for months for lyme disease) cause they started giving me bad diarreha. Now I seem to have gotten a little better and florastor also seemed to help but I still get some weird stools.

I seem to get mucus consistantly with my stools and sometimes there are black dots in it. I have gotten two seperate tests weeks apart for parasites, c-dif and blood and nothing came up in it. I know stool tests can be unreliable but I feel like something should've come up if there was anything.

Now the GI doctor says if I'm further concerned he would recommend an endoscopy, I would prefer to avoid this route if possible but if it is key to figuring this out then so be it.

I was wondering if anyone might have any other ideas though - maybe more reliable labs to test for infections or at home. I'm concerned if it could be parsites or c-dif which I would want to treat asap if it was the case. I'm pretty sure this problem did come from taking too many Antibiotics for a few months.

Also before I stopped taking the Antibiotics the stools were also pretty orangey and lacked consistancy, but as said before florastor seemed to help it get back a little more normal since taking it for around two weeks.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.485 sec, (1)