CureZone   Log On   Join
Cocaine Addiction?

Views: 2,408
Published: 11 y

Cocaine Addiction?

I am concerned that someone close to me may have relapsed into using cocaine but I am not certain. I have hunches, but they could be ruled out by other factors, and I'm trying not to let my hunches get blown out of proportion to avoid making poor judgements.

This person and I both caught a nasty about three months ago. I am healthy, and it took me around three weeks to get back to normal (no cough or runny nose, all the signs of lingering colds). This person still has those symptoms. Always a runny nose, sniffling, a rattling cough that does seem to slowly get better. This person was a cocaine addict in the past, and went through a recovery after a divorce and loss off all assets. They really hit rock bottom. I don't think their use was so financially noticable, but I think eventually it was their behavior and getting busted that made people most aware.

So they went through the process of admitting and telling everyone, and found out down the road that they had high blood pressure, and had at some point had a small stroke or heart attack.

I met them after all this, when they had supposedly been clean for many years. I have never found this person to be harmful to anyone around them, but I suppose this usage in the past was in an indirect way. But in all of my experience with them (3 years or so) they are quite respectful of others.

It is hard for me to describe what I have experienced...I think some symptoms may be left over from long term use. I imagine you could have symptoms of a runny nose or facial flushing from high blood pressure...Maybe other health issues I could be unaware of. I am trying to be open minded, but still have some suspicion of possible usage...

I have notice this person go away to more private areas (e.g. going to the shed for no particular reason) going to the bathroom upstairs or downstairs, whichever is the farthest away from me. Sometimes going away and coming back, with a change in appearance its hard for me to describe, but I notice some facial reddening, more watery eyes, redder eyes, and a distinct change in the way the eyes appear, maybe more dialated pupils...

This person likes sugary food like cola etc, smokes cigarettes, eats a lot of not so healthy foods. They are quite aware of having high blood pressure and don't do too much to aid this with their habits. I also suspect they may be diabetic, but I have no proof of this either. I've only suggested to them that they should get tested, more that once I have mentioned this.

I suppose they could have symptoms of Hep C from using cocaine and sharing accessories with other uses. I'm not sure about this either but wonder from the discoloration in their eyes, and sometimes they show symptoms...It may be a wild guess, but not far fetched as it is common among users of this drug to contact this virus.

I have been observing this person, and for all I know they may be aware of this. I don't doubt that they would be quite secretive and effective in hiding this, especially being caught prior and having cleaned up for all to see. This was a hard experience for them, one I'm sure they would not want to relive. If they were using again I'm sure they would want to clean-up again in private, I think that may be common in all users... If they are using they are doing so in a way that is fairly hidden, they don't seem to be acting very obviously different, only in a subtle way that someone close might notice, but that close family members might not pick up on. I share a great deal of time and a living space with this person, so I feel like I have a distinct viewpoint of this person.

I am concerned, unsure of what to do. I don't know if I can do much, and what can you do when your unsure? At times I would like to outwardly approach them and ask them plainly if they are using, but I don't know how smart that is. I don't know if I would betray this persons trust or if they would see that I am only concerned. And I feel it could make them more secretive if I do. I also don't want to talk to other people the person knows, or anyone for that matter for fear of a rumour etc...I would like to be sure of something before I make any choices, and I'm not sure if I will ever find a way to know for sure.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or approached a situation like this? I know it wouldn't be my problem if it was happening, but I care for this person and would want to do whatever would be effective in being supportive of them an overall sense...Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)