CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: EC Noob, first dematoligist appointment tomorrow, what are the best requests I can make?

lipshitz Views: 1,791
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 2,017,879

Re: EC Noob, first dematoligist appointment tomorrow, what are the best requests I can make?

I'm sure you're aware of the standard hydrocortisone warnings:

"Topical corticosteroid use may inhibit local immune response rendering the skin more susceptible to infections.
Local adverse effects of hydrocortisone application may commonly include burning, itching, or irritation. Long-term use of potent topical corticosteroids may result in skin atrophy and thinning."

For the people who used it and said it worsened their condition, I'm not sure if they used it for more than a couple weeks or not. I've never used it, and have found coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, shea butter, and hempseed oil all to be soothing and softening of the crusts (and have used them long enough to know they don't worsen the condition, even though they are not stand-alone cures to my condition).

What's your diet/alcohol/smoke consumption like, by the way? Take a look at this page on an anti-inflammatory diet (which recommends doing an elimination diet):

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/803649/the-anti-inflamma...

You might be one of the "lucky" ones and just have some allergy, in which case you could resolve your condition within half a year's time. I would definitely get allergy testing done, and a biopsy perhaps if the allergy test or Elimination Diet turns up nothing.

Peace,
C.S.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike

Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)