CureZone   Log On   Join
please help with bv!!

2265melis Views: 4,618
Published: 12 y

please help with bv!!

Hello All,
I need help. I have had CHRONIC BV for the past 7 years. The only time I did not have symptoms was about 5 years ago, after I had the LEEP procedures due to abnormal paps. After the LEEP, I was symptom free for approximately 10 months...then it came back! I have tried every prescribed medication offered. The last Antibiotic I took was Tindamax, which did absolutely nothing!! My symptoms do not clear and then come back, they never go way, even during Antibiotic treatments. Usually, I have BV symptoms during the whole course of treatment until a few days after treatment, when I develop a yeast infection. Once I treat the yeast, the BV symptoms are back as if they never went away.

I have a few questions for those who have struggled with this:

1. During all of this, I have routinely tested negative for all STDs with the exception of HPV. About 4 years ago my doctor said that while all my STD checks were negative, they may be wrong, and I may have Chlamydia. He prescribed Antibiotics for the STD but I never took them. Could this be true? Would I test negative for all STDs for years and they be wrong? Should I try Antibiotics for Chlamydia?

2. Has anyone ever tried the Rephresh gel? I used it twice (1 X ever three days) and now I have a large buildup of a white clumpy substance and is not draining. I'm still having a little bit of discharge, no smell, but when I insert my finger, it feels as though my whole vagina is filled with this substance that will not come out. Is this normal? Has anyone ever had a good outcome with Rephresh in relation to their BV?

3. I am now trying alternative methods for dealing with this. I have been to the doctor A LOT and they do the same damn thing every time, do a wet mount, tell me I have BV, and prescribe me an Antibiotic that I've already taken without results because I've tried them all. Plus, when I call back after treatment and say it did not work, they refuse to prescribe anything else without a visit. I'm done paying co-pays to be told the same thing and given the same treatment. Anyone know what else I could try? I've tried the hydrogen peroxide rinses. I'm also taken folic acid, femdophilis, garlic, cranberry pills, vit c, and vit d. I have also gone off birth control and now only use condoms.

4. Has anyone tried vH Essentials BV Treatment Homeopathic Time-Release Vaginal Inserts? They sell them at Rite-Aid and Walgreens. They seem to have pretty good reviews and I'm thinking of trying them next. However, I'm afraid to put anything in my vagina due to the build up from the rePhresh, I'm afraid it may cause a bad reaction. Any thoughts on this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)