CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Distilled water

Views: 3,741
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,959,110

Re: Distilled water

It is a new machine therefore it does not have a lot of dust collected in it as a used one has. I put a tighter wove 3M filter in it because it does not let as much dust through as the original filter.

Under the condensing unit in the dehumidifier which is made of stainless steel, is a collection tray that funnels the water into a reservoir. But instead I connect a clear 1/2 inch aquarium hose to it and ran it into the top of a closed filter container.

The filter system is in two parts, the upper section with a ceramic filter and a lower section that stores the water after the ceramic it goes into the five stage carbon mineral filter in the storage tank.

Works good I run it every other day for 6 hours and it tops off the water that has been used. you can use a Berky or other similar type filter system.

We have lots of water dealers here with their reverse osmosis and supposed distillers but there is no regulation and their filters aren't changed regularly. No health inspections to make sure there is no bacteria contamination of the filters or or storage tanks.

That is why I went with my own. the John Ellis is to expensive to run every week. this was my alternative. If i need more then a larger dehumidifier unit is needed. That is all that is in these DIY barrel distillers is a condensing unit and a collection tank but they want $800 for the plans and condensing unit. You still need to buy the barrels and other stuff.

It works and as far as I can tell it makes good water.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)