CureZone   Log On   Join
Did you know: ~90% of US/UK medium/hard cheese is GMO-soy rennet?

Bio Cleanse Detox Kit
”I have recommended it to family and friends already and am sure...

RedCairo Views: 4,100
Published: 12 y

Did you know: ~90% of US/UK medium/hard cheese is GMO-soy rennet?

My body gave me a dream and actually told me that cheese was letting poisons into me.

I love cheese, and I was very upset, because I'd just bought a toaster oven and had all these great plans for cheese-based foods!

After awhile, I had an argument with myself one day and insisted, how could cheese matter if other dairy is fine, and why should cheese be any problem anyway? And I ate some.

That night, my body gave me another dream and actually gave me the raw sound "Rennet." When I woke up and figured out the sound as a word, I wasn't even sure what it meant but I had some fuzzy idea it related to cheese (obviously it was not a topic I knew much about).

I went to wikipedia and guess what?

1. Rennet is something that separate cheese from other dairy, obviously.

2. It is usually only used in medium to hard cheeses, as soft cheeses such as cream use acids.

3. Soft-medium cheeses like blue and feta can use either.

4. Animal-sourced rennet used to be the way it was made. Then they came up with a chemical version, which is fine.

5. Then they came up with a genetically modified organism based on the mold on soybeans.

And this latter version has been pushed ever-more into the public until now it is estimated that 80-90% of the cheese in the United States and Great Britain is made with this Genetically-Modified-Organisms soy rennet.

I guess that explains it.

I have been searching for cheeses that they sell at super walmart (alas this is almost my only shopping option, I live in the middle of nowhere) that would specifically SAY that it is non-soy or at least non-gmo. Unfortunately most cheeses just brag about a vegetable source but that doesn't mean jack, it could still be Genetically-Modified-Organisms soy and be a vegetable source.

Tillamook company said their medium and sharp white cheddar cheese is made with animal rennet, so that's one option, not sure my store has it but I'll look.

It's been very difficult to find info on labels or aside from that.

RC

I recently discovered that the vast majority of

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)