CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: There’s No Place Like Home … To Give Birth

Views: 3,844
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,906,436

Re: There’s No Place Like Home … To Give Birth

Hi, I'm pregnant. YAY! This is my first pregnancy and home birth has been my goal since long ago when deciding we were 'trying'. I have spoken with my spouse about my feelings on the matter of the birth. My biggest concern, of course is having a healthy baby, and stress-free home birth is the route I want to take. So far there is nothing out of the ordinary in this pregnancy and so long as that stays the case, I am having my child at home. I have had so many discussions about why with ppl, that it tickled me to see someone post something about it.

Stress for me and the lil' one is one of the biggest reasons, but I generally do not care for hospitals whatsoever. My earliest memory is of being in a hospital when I was just a couple months old. I remember my mom crying and telling me she wouldn't leave me and my dad and older brothers looking at me through a window. It was a rough three days, and I have been leery of the men in whitecoats every since. I asked my mom when I was a teen when that was, and her jaw hit the ground. I was nearly 3 months and had a terrible fever they couldn't get to receed. My mom is astonished that I have any memory of that, however its just one of those things I suppose. Anyway, my point by sharing this with you is that if I can remember so vividly that traumatic experience and I merely had a fever, then why wouldn't a stressful delivery in a hospital be the first traumatic experience in a child's life, not to mention mom's state of mind?

I live in south eastern Kentucky. Kentucky is NOT a midwife -friendly state. So what is a woman to do that wants to shield her unborn from undue stress, yet have a SAFE home birth?! I have no idea yet. I'm in the research stage. I am 9 weeks and 3 days today, so I have a lil' breathing room. There is a hospital about 60 miles away that will allow a midwife delivery. So how many wanna take bets on whether I'll have to deliver in the backseat on the way? With all the twisty-turny two laned roads between, I wouldn't doubt it. lol. The state of midwifery in this country is terrible. There are states like Texas that are totally midwife friendly and have birthing centers and such as well, and then there are states like mine that think they are going to make women conform to their ideas.

I don't know too much about everything or anything much(lol), but I do know that where our child is concerned, my husband and myself will be the ones making the decisions. It makes me cry to read the horror stories that women have posted on the net. I cannot believe that something as simple and as sacred as the bringing in of life has been the subject of so much trauma for so many women. Isn't it obvious why more women are making the choice to be in control of their labor and delivery?

Thanks so much for the information. You have given me a couple ideas to look into and research to see if I can find more info and a CNM that will help me when I'm in need and the rest of the details of the 'birth plan'. Given the state it will most likely have to be a 'rogue' angel, however I just want the best for my family, myself, and most importantly our baby.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)