CureZone   Log On   Join
Premature Grey Hair and Copper Toxicity

Vegeta Views: 7,897
Published: 12 y

Premature Grey Hair and Copper Toxicity

I'm wondering whether the reason those of us who have late stage copper toxicity where the copper is stored in our brains, liver etc instead of the hair is the reason why our hair goes prematurely grey?

My last hair analysis showed very low amounts of copper in my hair. Copper is one of the things that gives our hair colour alongside the amino acid tyrosine. Has anyone managed to reverse some of the greys as they got better from bio-unavailable copper toxicity?

In retrospect, when I first got copper toxic aged 24 (no white hairs before then) nearly 4 years ago, I had a few white hairs on my right brow which a few months later went back to their original colour as I got a bit better through stress reduction although I have more greys on the scalp now, around 100 hairs at a guess, so about 20 greys per year!

I guess it could also be because of hypothyroidism which can also result in premature greys which tyrosine could possibly help with.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.066 sec, (1)