CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: will house be safe after black mold cleanup

Hellfire Views: 30,181
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,881,787

Re: will house be safe after black mold cleanup

Ok I have just received my RESULTS! They are very good after my cleanup.

Aspergillus/Penicillium Room1: 852/m3 now 316/m3. Room2: 2670/m3, now 211/m3.

Basidiospores: Room1: 704/m3 now 0/m3! Room2: 148/m3 now 70/m3.

Cladosporium Room1: 407/m3, now 70/m3 Room2: 296/m3 now 35/m3

Stachybotrys Room1: 74/m3 now 0/m3 Room2: 37/m3 now 0/m3

Also there were 6 other mold species that were found on the first test, which were NOT found on my 2nd test! The 6 Includes the Stachybotrys which I listed above.

Basement which is where the mold was found, was not tested the first time. But here are the results:

Aspergillus/Penicillium: 176/M3
Basidiospores: 211/m3
Cladosporium: 35/m3

So you probably wonder what I did? I vacuumed all furnature, floors and beds with a True HEPA vacumm. Washed all bed sheets and pillow cases. Mopped all the floors with Pine-Sol. Then ran a Rabbit Air BioGS HEPA Air Purifier in all rooms for 3-4 hours with ceiling fans on to stir up the air. The basement I ran a commercial Abatement Technologies HEPA-AIRE H2000HP for about 5-6 hours moving it all around to stir up the air. You can probably do the same with a smaller unit (Rabbit Air BioGS), it will just take a longer time.

So anyone who thinks you will have to sell your home and move, is just wrong. First you have to FIX the moisture problem. I had a small leak in my wall which the water was wicking along the wood. Mold loves Drywall paper. Carefully remove any material affected with mold. Ideally you should put the material in a plastic bag before taking it through your house to the outside garbage can. Also You should wear a mask with P100 Rated Filters. Remove the MOLD home, and clean up everything and your house will be back to normal. Everyone must remember MOLD is always found outdoors naturally. Just don't give them a better HOME inside your house.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)