CureZone   Log On   Join
Toddler abused by her father; trial soon, what now??

ANXS1219 Views: 1,412
Published: 13 y

Toddler abused by her father; trial soon, what now??

Hello. I don't know if this will be "triggering", but in the interest of not upsetting anyone, let's assume it will.
Last September, I found out my 3 year old daughter (She's 4 now, will be 5 in four months) was being molested by her father, possibly since she was 2 years old. She started exhibiting some very tell tale behavior and then she told me what had been going on. We had been separated for about a year and a half, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. But a doctor examined her, and a detective interviewed her and they decided that it was likely something had happened. He failed two polygraph tests and then started acting really weird. He returned all of her stuff and pretty much disappeared. Now he is in jail and the trial is set to start in January.

I'm concerned because the i spoke with the district attorney handling the case, and he told me that the defense could call her up to testify on the stand. I was told by the detective she would not have to appear in court, which is why they videotaped her interview. She had to go through therapy and is finally doing better, and i just don't want to bring this back into her life. Not to mention, just a few weeks ago she told me that she couldn't remember what ross (her dad) looks like and that she doesn't remember what happened, just that it was weird. What if she gets up on the stand and says that? Does that make people think i'm lying? When she said that, i thought it was great that was forgetting what happened, because i in no way wanted this to be a defining part of her life. I never really brought it up to you, i would only talk about it when she wanted to. And eventually she just stopped talking about it. The DA said that that's good that i didn't coach her and pound it into her head, but now i am SO anxious about this. She's going to get back up on the stand and have to think about all this again, and then say, "i'm not sure i remember it"...i mean i can remember stuff from when i was 5, but nothing from when i was 2... who could expect any 5 year old to give a credible description of something that happened when they were two, three years after the fact? Advice, info, experience anyone?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.232 sec, (2)