CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: breathing stops, memory/ADD problem, chronic fatigue

Views: 4,153
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,863,749

Re: breathing stops, memory/ADD problem, chronic fatigue

My current mask is a nasal mask with a connected cover of my mouth.  That I believe is the 5th one since about December.  When I first got it I slept as good as I did at the sleep clinic.  Slept for about 5 or 6 hours with minimal time awake and back for the final 2 to 3 hours.  What has happened is the nasal pillows wear out fast, they get destroyed by body oils of which I have a lot, and they are now dislocating during the night but I still get a good sleep.  Sometimes shorter sleep periods, but never have difficulty getting back to sleep.  Last night woke up once after 5 hours (adjusted the nasal pillows), and then my final two and a half hours.  I am generally rested - much better than before CPAP when my breathing would stop completely at times.

I'm going to go in in the next week and get as small a mask as I can that covers my nose and mouth (no nose pillows) and see how that goes.

I am a significant coffee drinker - about 7 or 8 cups of very strong coffee in the morning, nothing past noon.  That has never seemed to bother my sleep pattern and I've even cut coffee completely with no particular benefits so always go back to it.

I don't have an oxygen meter but during the clinic I was dropping down to 87% at my lowest and suspect that's where I'm still at.  73% is dangerous.  That will leave you with a lot of what you are dealing with.  I do hope you find a better solution.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)