CureZone   Log On   Join
I think it will be the individual family, at home...

fledgling Views: 2,718
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,851,077

I think it will be the individual family, at home...

...Who will save us.

I mean, can you imagine Spud's family going hungry?

Our best incentive for learning how, now? ...Inflation!

Sprout: and check all the seeds, nuts, beans, peas, etc., that you have, for their sproutability. I have a sneaky suspicion that many don't sprout, and that old ones are less nutritious...if they are 'food' at all. And how old was the flour used to make the cookie you just ate?

Here, in Canada, we often wonder what imported food has been irradiated. Some shippers have taken to putting 'red buttons' on their packing, to prove that it wasn't irradiated coming across borders.

Almond growers have taken to lightly cooking their product, I have read. I wonder why, after decades of not. Couldn't be that they're afraid someone will sprout it, and grow more trees?

I have a soupbowlful of saved 2011 seeds; Sonnet and Bing cherries; yellow and red tiny watermelons; squashes; peaches, apricots, plums; tomatoes; and on and on. I know exactly where I'll toss them. It's where the aquifer is very close to the surface...to keep roots damp as they grow.

We also have a nut farm near here.

Within five years the trees that take hold will be producing nicely. Plus we are surrounded by orchards, vineyards, and organic growers.

In the end of the 'dirty thirties', when I was born, every family shared what they grew. Then we made it through rationing, and WW II...and that was in the city.

We knew about 'Victory Gardens', that one backyard could support 4 adults.

No, my friends, I've been there, and it was fine.

But, there are lots of things a person has to do without...the hard part is realizing that doing without is far easier than you think it will be.

Becoming 'unspoiled' may take some people longer than others.

Build rapport with your neighbours, now.

F.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)