CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Suggestions for my dog who has an ulceration on his eye, please! Wondering if anything else needs checking

Energy Awareness Course
Use CureZone kode to get a free session!

Heal Gut Dysbiosis
Remove the gunk and repopulate with probiotics.

Hveragerthi Views: 3,236
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,846,995

Re: Suggestions for my dog who has an ulceration on his eye, please! Wondering if anything else needs checking

I took my dog in for his check up three weeks ago, liver/kidney blood work came back fine.

He is a 12 1/2 year old Pekingnese and his right eye started to get red about two weeks ago. It had gooey stuff in it a few times that I wiped but no discharge.

Yesterday when I got up, he was squinting his eye and it was watery.

I took him to the vet and they did a test with paper to see if his eyes were producing enough tears. His right eye was a bit low from where it should be. The vet put a yellow dye in his eye and then looked at it under a purple light.

He showed where there was a spot he said was an "ulceration." He then put atropene in his eye.

I got atropene and antibiotic eye drops that I am to put in his eye several times a day and some of the antibiotic drops in the other eye.

My question though is he lost about a pound in three weeks but his energy was fine until today.

They didn't take his temperature and I am wondering if he has an infection or if it is just an ulceration.

With the drainage there it very likely an infection.

I practically maxed out my credit card for the two visits (my limit isn't that much) and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. They wanted him to wear one of those collars but that didn't go over well with him. He isn't messing with his eye, it does have some watering and gooey stuff that I wipe off.

What would you recommend and do you think that is all it is?

It would have been nice if the vet stated what caused the ulceration since he was able to actually see it.  But the antibiotic eye drops are a good start.  If you can find some allantoin online then I also recommend dissolving the allantoin in some purified water also to make eyedrops.  Make very small amounts of the mixture at a time such as an 1/8th of a teaspoon then use an eye dropper to put the drops in the eye 3-4 times daily.  This will speed up the healing.

I put more antibiotic drops in this evening, he is tired but he had a busy day. He was playing a lot Sunday and was fine until his eye was bothering him in the morning.

I have an appointment on Thursday for them to see how his eye is. I want to be sure they are addressing what is wrong and I am hoping you can help, please.

My Mom got her Sugar Balance Formula, thank you!

Your welcome.  Keep me informed on how she does.

Thank YOU for any suggestions!! I hope you're feeling back to normal :)

Thanks, yes I am better.  There has not been any pain or swelling for a few weeks now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)