CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: About creators of God

MrCuddly Views: 4,879
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,848,486

Re: About creators of God

Actually I've studied Hinduism extensively (though not exhaustively) and find it mirrors my own beliefs (or visa versa) more than any other philosophy or religion. The concept of Brahman, reincarnation, the branches of Yoga etc strongly resonate with me.

In fact that greatest overall practical resource and guide to Yogic living and learning is "Practical Lessons in Yoga" by Swami Sivananda. This is utterly remarkable and though I purchased it for the Kindle (for $1) a free PDF version is here:

http://www.dlshq.org/download/practical.pdf

I think our differences are semantic since Hindus will be the first to admit that no religion or philosophy can present anyone with a complete understanding of God. Our human condition alone makes that impossible. However they will also be the first to tell you that understanding God is only possible through experience. And our grasping of the divine nature is limited to our particular level of enlightenment or purity. And of course enlightenment itself is defined by our transcending the human condition at least momentarily.

This can't be given by any religion - religion is at best a roadmap for your own spiritual practice. And at its most corrupted, a means for exploitation of the masses by the ruling class. For proof of this think of the pulpits screaming for war and mass murder in Iraq invoking the name of the ultimate man of peace.

But I digress..

Also I'm interested in what you mean by "both a positive and negative sense".

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)