CureZone   Log On   Join
Method to finally control my eczema!

chairmaker Views: 6,423
Published: 13 y

Method to finally control my eczema!

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, but lonnnnng time reader. I'm 21 years old and had mild eczema on and off until I was 18. It was about exactly 2.5 years ago that my eczema started spiraling out of control, and today I'm elated to say that I've FINALLY got a hold on it. I'd like to share my story in the hopes that it someday helps someone in a similar situation find relief.
Of course my first reaction 2.5 years ago was to go see a doctor, and many of you won't be surprised to hear that I was prescribed a topical steroid. Unfortunatley, I was so desperate that I used it for almost a year before I realized the damage I was doing to myself. (suppressing the immune system and not addressing the underlying cause of my condition)
About 5 months ago I saw a naturopath. He talked a lot about 'bad energy' and other new age stuff like that, but I wasn't so convinced. What he did mention (and I am forever in debt to him for this) was that my diet sucked. And it did. Over the last 5 months I've eliminated all dairy (Except for occasional yogurt for the probiotics) and I avoid wheat whenever possible. The hardest thing to cut back on was junk food, but I do eat a lot less of it now.
An improved diet was enough to stop using steroid creams, but I still itched terribly at night (before this week I havn't slept for more than 4-5 hours in a row in the last 2 years) and had deep red patches on my arms, legs, around my neck, face, and hands. I also stopped smoking and eating after 9pm.
The real kicker that has finally helped me beat this thing was...EXERCISE. Now, I live in a pretty cold climate and though I jogged all winter, I never broke a sweat. It was only until recently (when the warm weather started) that I started to SWEAT. I am convinced that sweating has elminated my eczema. At first, it irrated my eczema so bad that I would stop in the middle of my jog and itch like a madman. But then when I got home I would take a 5 min shower to rinse off the eczematic fluid and then feel so good. Gradually, my skin has returned to its normal colour, and most importantly I can sleep at night!!!!!
I know this won't work for everyone, but it might for some so give it a shot!
I never ever thought I would beat this thing. I had it for 2.5 years strong, it NEVER faultered. If I can do it, you can too! I will never again take my health for granted.
Eat right, exercise and have hope.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)