CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This is a MUST READ

stanley1888 Views: 11,437
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 415,185

Re: This is a MUST READ

There is a significant error in this very well thought out discourse with regard to cancer of the penis and circumcision. it is that circumcision has in fact NO effect on penile caner rates. The reference made to the possible flaws in the original determination I will explain here.
Cancer of the penis is to be considered an old man's disease, with an average age at onset fo 67 years. At the time these conclusions were drawn, there were not yet any significant amounts of men in this age group in America missing their foreskins. As the population grew older to include the masses mutilated at birth, the cancer rates balanced out. in whole men, the cancer typically presents as a sore spot on the glans of the penis, in mutilated men it typically appears on the scar of the circumcision.The result was that many men died or lost their penises as a result of this mild, easily treated "nusiance" cancer. I Doctors were taught that circumcised men could not get penile cancer and thus by the time it was properly identified it was usually to late for a good outcome. The medical profession had remained relatively quiet about this. Although the cancer society or whatever It's called in the U.S. has stated categorically that circumcision must no longer be described as preventative, the circumcisionists and greedy medical professionals still use it to trick or scare te ignorant populace into letting them mutilate their children.
I suspect that there is now hardly ever found an intact sufferer of this extremely rare disease, which is rarer than Breast Cancer is in men.
Cancer of the penis has been connected to smoking and hygiene. While not yet examined exhaustively yet, common sense can clear this up ( yes, I know few of us actually seem to have common sense)
Given that 1) cigarettes and cigarette smoke are highly carcinogenic 2) smokers smoke a lot and do not habitually wash their hands after smoking 3) We (men) all handle our penises a LOT. All the time. Play with it. Pee with it. Sleep with our hands on it. Have you ever smelled a smoker's hands? Obviously smokers who bathe more frequently will fare better at washing the carcinogenic compounds off their penises before they can do too much damage. After forty years or so of smoking steadily one may get cancer.
I conclude that if you DON'T smoke, you CAN'T get cancer of the penis. So really, cutting off foreskins to prevent or reduce the chance of penile cancer is like amputating a foot to prevent or reduce the chance of pneumonia. It doesn't work.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)