CureZone   Log On   Join
Success with sea salt and licorice...so do I still need HC?

mtintx Views: 1,776
Published: 13 y

Success with sea salt and licorice...so do I still need HC?

I've posted here a couple of times. I developed hives after 3 rounds of Antibiotics this fall. I have had them for 6 months...and I've done 3 rounds of high dose Prednisone to treat them, which didn't work. Turned out I had terrible leaky gut, which I have spent the last 5 months healing. I have come a long way in that territory, but my doctor suggested that I had some level of adrenal insufficiency going on, most likely from the steroids. I think the inflammation from the hives and the leaky gut hurt my adrenals too.

Anyway, about 6 weeks ago, the hives went away completely when I started working on my adrenals. Sea Salt in water 4 times a day, Magnesium and B vitamins, and a Chinese herb mixture that contained dandelion and licorice root. At the time, I had no idea licorice root was good for the adrenals- I just thought the dandelion was helping out my liver.

Anyway, things were so much better for about 3 weeks until I got lazy with the salt and magnesium and ran out of the chinese herbs. Over the last 2 weeks, the hives have been terrible, mostly in the morning but also throughout the afternoon, and I finally realized what I had changed in my routine.

The last 3 days, I have focused again on my adrenals. Sea Salt in water, b vitamins, magnesium, and the chinese herbs. I also started taking 2 capsules of Licorice root. I am noticing a huge difference in how I feel and the inflammation/severity of the hives.

So I'm just wondering if I can stay on this routine, or if it would be better for me to get on some type of support, like Cortef. I would rather do herbs than medications, but I'm not sure staying on licorice for a long time is smart? I've read about Florinef too and how it can help with the salt issue.

BTW- I fail the pupil eye test, which means my aldosterone is low, which explains why the salt helps me. My blood pressure is low but still healthy (104/62 or somewhere around there normally) and it still rises when I stand up after resting.

I just ordered the cortisol saliva test and I know that will reveal the whole picture. Just thought I'd get some suggestions from all of you who are so much more knowledgeable than me.

Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)