CureZone   Log On   Join
Peggy, Health Canada said that?

fledgling Views: 4,572
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,600,499

Peggy, Health Canada said that?

"The agency also noted, however, that symptoms like depressed mood, insomnia, irritability, frustration, anger and anxiety are often reported while quitting smoking, with or without drug treatment."

That can't be true.

I quit 50 years of smoking, almost cold turkey, and it ain't so.

I get maybe five minutes of wanting a cig...then I forget to want one.

The desire to smoke is not cumulative...it doesn't pile up till you are climbing the wallpaper.

BEFORE I actually quit, I thought for years that it was going to 'hurt'.

Nope...it didn't. And it doesn't, nearly two years later. In fact, I seldom want one...though that was a daily (or more often) occurance, at first.

And, with all the people who have quit over the years, I can't believe that Health Canada doesn't know this. I wonder what test they base their 'evidence' on.

I will grant that there was one day I was in a verbal fight and grabbed some cigs I had tucked away...to relieve the pressure. The person I had fought with was shocked and grabbed them away.

I had been near to smoking one. I wonder if I would have.

Anyway, I haven't bought any replacements.

This from a person who vowed to NOT give up smoking every year for half a century.

Pills to quit? Not on my watch...and I'm a Canadian living in the same province as the towns you mention.

My half-sister had a terrible time getting off an anti Depression drug that I've since seen advertised as "non-addictive".

Arrogant, these companies.

F.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)