CureZone   Log On   Join
question: avocado tree. Grz? Anyone?

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 895
Published: 13 y

question: avocado tree. Grz? Anyone?

Can anyone advise me? I have an avocado tree, a 'volunteer' that sprouted in a forgotten pot. That is, it started out looking very robust, and against all odds. It has good soil... Now it's about two feet tall with two arms, (looking a bit like a candidate for a Peanuts cartoon) on which keep sprouting tender avocado-coloured leaves--:-) that, as soon as they are large: 4-5 inches, darken and crisp form the edges in. I have had the same response from every avocado I've tried in the last several years. Some have done well for a time, then the same happens. Many years ago my mother spouted a seed and we grew an indoor tree that was more than six feet tall, and always did well.

I am honestly wondering about avocados of late. The taste, the 'feel' (intuitively)Even the organic ones. Doesn't seem to make a difference--one out of three goes bad as it ripens. Weirdly, from the pit out. This is not a good sign. Low minerals???

any thoughts for me? I keep taking off the 'bad' leaves, or they just drop, and new ones keep coming out. I feel badly that I'm not able to give the tree what it must need.

thanks, Chiron

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (1)