CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scripture that would help me to overcome a breakup

vektek Views: 10,170
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,786,915

Re: Scripture that would help me to overcome a breakup

Great article Doc!

78830, I will pray for you in this break up. I know relationship break-ups can be one of the most painful things to go through in this life.

My favorite scripture for hard times, and I post it all the time but I never tire of it, is Romans 8:28-31. I saw it was in the list of scriptures in the article Doc posted, but in case you didn't get a chance to look it up yet, it says this:

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

The last line is so comforting when we are being hurt by someone. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" And that just means His love and purpose for us is going to override anything hurtful that anyone could ever do to us. Even if someone plots to kill us and succeeds, He's got something bigger and better awaiting.

John 16:33 says " In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
But like that article said, we still have to go through the pain sometimes, and that part we don't like. But it's only temporary. It won't last forever. And Christ will even be our comforter in the pain, never leaving us or forsaking us. (Hebrews 13:5)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)