CureZone   Log On   Join
Theory on "Quit Zits"

PheistyChick Views: 6,344
Published: 13 y

Theory on "Quit Zits"

So I quit smoking almost seven months ago. Pretty much ever since I quit, I've been breaking out in constant acne. I've had a clear day here and there, but the breakouts seemed to be intensifying over the past few months.

I actually had a staph infection develop in one of the Acne lesions at about 1 and a half months quit...on my face. It was horrifying. I went through a ton of mental anguish, fear, anxiety, depression...most of it I'm sure having to do with quitting smoking, but the Acne and fear of another staph infection had me going bananas. Of course they put me on massive, strong Antibiotics , which subsequently caused yeast issues, etc. I was able to take care of most of that with natural means...coconut oil, garlic, and kefir. But I digress...

I am an otherwise very healthy 36 year-old woman. I rarely get sick. In fact, I was blessed not to get any of the nasty flu and cold viruses that were going around. I eat lots of fermented cabbage, take acidophilus, drink a couple of tablespoons of ACV in water throughout the day, and eat very well. I feel great. My immune system--I would say, anyway--is in good shape.

So, I finally figured out that I have demodex mites. I'm not going to get into how I know, but I just know that I do. My theory is that when I quit smoking, my body became consistently more alkaline, making my body an unacceptable place for these buggers to live. So they've been dying off for the last six months, without me treating them with any of the things that would normally take care of them.

Is it possible that my body is killing them on their own? I've now started using Borax and Ponds, and it seems to be helping the progression of the eradication. I only have them on my face (although they've tried to move down onto my neck). My Acne really isn't that horrible...or so I've been told. I've heard of others who have open sores all over their faces and bodies...thankfully that isn't me, but I have gotten some pretty large cysts.

Anyway, everything I've read has stated that only those with compromised immune systems get demodex. Well, that's not the case with me. Maybe when I was smoking, but not now. I'm really curious to see if anyone else agrees with my hypothesis, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)