CureZone   Log On   Join
Tired and depressed, might be milk thistle or ashwagandha?

brooklyn42 Views: 16,162
Published: 13 y

Tired and depressed, might be milk thistle or ashwagandha?

Hi, I am a new poster here but have been checking these forums for some time now. Lately I have been experimenting with different herbs to treat what I think is chronic fatigue with perhaps hypoglycemia and candida as well.

I have been on a low/no sugar, no dairy diet for about a year now and overall it has improved my symptoms, energy levels, and depression/anxiety quite noticeably. That is not to say I am symptom free, here of some of the main symptoms I notice:

easily lightheaded
dandruff
angular cheilitis
anxiety/depression
fatigue (especially after taking certain supplements like siberian ginseng, licorice root)
hair loss/early grey hair (I am 27)
cold in extremeties
lack of focus/brain fog
low cortisol in the morning (tested very low)
extremely sensitive to caffeine
Acne when eating dairy
difficult to gain weight
irritability

I recently had a blood test and it showed my A1C was in the high range at 5.9, research says this could be considered in the prediabetic range.

For the past few weeks I have been taking Vitamin D, C, fish oil, magnesium, calcium, ashwagandha, and milk thistle. Since I have started the ashwagandha and milk thistle I have noticed a lot of fatigue and irritability but I wonder if it is related. I didn't take either today and feel those symptoms especially strong. One other thing I might have noticed was an increase in these same symptoms about 2 weeks ago when I was taking a ton of garlic/alicin for an infection I had. I read this might be a die off symptom of candida but I haven't taken the garlic since then and still feel these symptoms often.

I know this is a lot of bits and pieces of information but I wonder if anyone has any insight into any of these things. I find it weird that it seems I am sensitive to so many herbs that many people with similar symptoms respond well to. I wonder if it is a case of things getting worse before they get better but I am usually too scared to continue with a supplement without knowing for sure.

Thanks for any tips/advice!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.066 sec, (1)