CureZone   Log On   Join
"Food poisoning", looking for thoughts

Insight Views: 3,520
Published: 13 y

"Food poisoning", looking for thoughts

Hello people,

I'm pretty sure I got sick from eating a bad cut of raw meat. I'm looking for thoughts on this.

On Wednesday I went out of town with someone and I brought just enough meat to make it to a Von's in a neighboring city to our destination. I'm hypoglycemic and reactive to nearly everything, but the main thing I have been eating is Organic Prairie grassfed ground beef, I eat it raw. Anyways, they ended up not having any so I called most of the Von's in the entire area, and no one had any more unfortunately.

We ended up going to Whole Foods and I got two cuts of Organic grassfed beef, the "top round" cut. I had no other choice because I do not and cannot each at restuarants, etc. I've eaten this cut and meat from Whole Foods raw without problem before, but this time my gut told me something was up, but I had no choice.

So throughout the day I was eating that raw meat.

At night, after I got home, I ate more of it and I started feeling kinda weird in my body and somewhat in my mind. Weird sensations. So I sent my GF to the local Von's to get some of the Organic Prairie meat, and I started eating that instead.

Because of hypoglycemia I wake up at night once or twice and have to get up and eat, so when I woke up I noticed I had moderate aches all over my body and a headache. I ate, stayed up awhile, and went back to bed.

When I got up in the morning (this was yesterday morning), my whole body ached pretty badly. I had difficulty walking, and I felt a headache developing.

In the afternoon I started developing a fever. Once the fever started the aches subsided somewhat and most of the pain was in my head. The highest reading I saw was 102.6 F, but my mental state was still good the whole time, just mildly delirious a few times. I drank water throughout the day, no medication at all. Another thing that was going on was elevated heartrate and blood pressure. I checked it once and it was 145/85 and 111 BPM resting. Not too high, but elevated.

Later in the day I started getting pains in the back of my neck, and towards the night my neck started getting stiff and painful. I couldn't move my head around much. My fever was pretty stable around this time.

I went to sleep and got up around 2:15 AM this morning to eat, and my fever and headache were gone completely, but my neck was still very stiff and painful. Can't look down. I noticed my mental state was off as well. I felt like I was being attacked on my neck, even though my eyes were open and I can see that that isn't the case, then I started having all these recurring thoughts that people were congratulating me or something. Woke up again at 5:30 AM and no fever but the back of my neck was still stiff, maybe a little stiffer.

Got up about an hour ago at 9 and no fever or headache, but my neck is still stiff. It seems to have loosened up somewhat, as I can look down somewhat but with pain, but maybe this is because I have been moving around. My mental state is a little off right now. I feel weird. Maybe it's the "post-fever recovery phase" that's getting my mind. It's uncomfortable though.

What are your thoughts? Is the worst over? If it was meningitis I was developing am I in the clear now or would it still be developing?

Edit: Forgot to mention that my stomach started hurting yesterday afternoon, and it still hurts. The pain is around the navel area.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (2)