CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I was just diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and I'm a little nervous...

Views: 2,559
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,735,284

Re: I was just diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and I'm a little nervous...

I'm sorry that I missed your question.

It's going to take a lot of courage, time, and patience with a qualified professional - someone who is familiar with borderline personality disorder - to learn to manage this.  If it were me, I would seek a second diagnosis to pinpoint the "traits" category and move on from there.

My personal belief is that medication can only provide temporary relief until we learn to manage ourselves without them.  In my case, I was diagnosed with "depression," and prescribed Paxil, which I took for 2 years.  Okay - the Paxil kept me on an even emotional keel but it did not change the dynamics of my environment, nor did it address the issues that were at the root of my "depression," which was situational.  Once I made the decision to alter my life, the "need" for prescribed anti-depressants evaporated. 

Taking charge of your diagnosis will be a lifelong challenge, just as any other condition is.  There will be progress, and back-stepping, and these are normal aspects of human living.  Brightest blessings to you on your journey and post back as you move through progressions - this will be a benefit to others to give them hope and goals.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)