CureZone   Log On   Join
Update after way too long

thanks Views: 1,016
Published: 14 y

Update after way too long

Hey all, a friend is going through something similar with the nuvaring and it brings back memories of how helpless I felt and how insistent I was (at first) that it wasn't the mirena that was making me feel the way i did.. I mean how could it be if the people at Planned Parenthood talked me into it instead of the copper iud?
Don't get me wrong, I love Planned Parenthood. I'm 32 and have been going to them for literally half my life now.
Anyway, long story short, I had the mirena put in, considered suicide, found this forum, took it out.
Short story long, I was irritable constantly, moody, cried all the time, knew i was being irrational but couldn't stop, my boyfriend of three years almost left me, had anxiety, could barely recognize myself etc etc.
Took it out and was immediately better. Almost instantly. I'd say within hours. After the first day (I was a ray of sunshine) I had mood swings. It was like PMS most of the time. the difference being that I knew what was going on.
I could rationally think, "ok, this is just a mood swing, i'm still getting back to normal."
On the mirena, i knew everything i was doing/saying/feeling was irrational but i couldn't stop myself and it was AWFUL. Off of it, I had mood swings but it was mostly just from happy to crying and I knew why it was happening. I was able to ride it out pretty easily and my boyfriend was so unbelievably happy to help me.
I was myself again even with the mood swings.
The mood swings happened a few times a week for me for about three months. Some were worse than others, but again, it was nowhere near as bad as when i was on the mirena.
A few times lessened to once a week and then it stopped.
It took about six months for me to be completely back to normal.

Sorry this is so long!!
This forum was invaluable to me and I wanted to thank everyone that is posting here!
You're helping people that are scared and don't know what's happening to them...even if you're one of those posters. Someone is relating to what you're saying.
I would have never gotten through it without your stories.
Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.758 sec, (2)