CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Bravery

socalgrl Views: 2,177
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,738,991

Re: Bravery

My Alt Med doc told me about the gut brain connection. I am not sure about my current level of AF since I have not been tested in a long time. I was dx'd about 5-6 years ago and that was when I was working in a VERY stressful job with a boss from hell. Although I did not need to work at this job I felt I needed to "prove" something to myself. I found a nice alternative med doc who put me on natural thyroid, low dose cortisone and a great diet. I stopped the cortisone because it was making me gain a LOT of weight but continued the thyroid and diet for about 6 months. Those 6 months I was headache free for the first time in over 35 years. I quit this job and I feel my adrenals have healed somewhat. I still drink regular coffee (my one BAD diet component) but limit this to 3 cups a day, any more than that then I don't sleep and get the shakes.

I find that I can tolerate confrontation without shaking like I used to and loud noises don't bother me as much. I feel I sleep fairly well and only get headaches about 1x/month where I used to get them several times a week.

I don't know, I think it is a crap shoot. Every person is different. Every treatment, supplement, herb etc will work for one person but not another. So I firmly believe one should at least try something before they rule it out. Right now I am not taking any supplements but continue a daily protein shake. I try not to worry about AF like I used to and eat what I feel my body needs in moderation (no sugar, candy etc ever) If I crave a juicy hamburger and some fries then I have it. I don't deny myself like I used to but I know my limits.

Sorry if this was more than what you were asking. I enjoy reading what others say about their journey and if I can help just one person then that is a good thing. My advice is to read read read about AF. This was the big problem when I was first dx'd, by Alt med doc never gave me any information about AF and I had not found CureZone yet. Take things slow and you will heal. Be patient with your body since you did not get where you are overnight. I so enjoy reading your posts!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)