CureZone   Log On   Join
Great molluscum treatment experience

Views: 4,048
Published: 14 y

Great molluscum treatment experience

Hi there. Just wanted to describe my recent molluscum treatment because when i got a case of this recently, i went on the web and couldn't really find any good advice.

So I first went to my dermatologist because I noticed some pearl colored bumps around my groin area and also on the head of my penis. Not pleasant. She diagnosed them as molluscum and said they were benign and would go away by themselves over time. I asked if they were contagious and if i could practice sex while i had them. She said that they would spread and I should tell any sexua| partners.

I got home and I thought, this is crap! I have to sit around for months and just wait for these to go away. What about my sex life? What about the fact that these bumps are bothering me and making me feel dirty?

So I called my family doctor and got another dermatologist recommendation. This guy was super professional and smart and I liked him from the first time we met. He basically said that you have to treat molluscum aggressively because otherwise they will stick around for a really long time and spread easily to other parts of your body and other bodies... In a simple in-office surgical procedure he removed all the molluscum he could find and cauterized the abrasions. Then he prescribed an immune boosting ointment called Imiquimod that he told me to apply every two days. He said I would probably have to come back a few more times as more would appear before they went away altogether.

I had to go back three times over the course of 6 weeks and then no more molluscum appeared. It's been a couple of months now and everything looks in order.

On a side note, molluscum ARE completely benign and not a major deal! I think I probably got them from my gym or the bath house I sometimes go to. I also had a sexua| partner at the time who I told about it. I explained how it was contagious but benign and she was fine with it. Again, stop worrying, this is not a bad STD.

So, to sum this up. Don't sit around with a case of molluscum trying various oils and creams and waiting for them to go away. Get them removed. Get the immune boosting cream. It's called Imiquimod. Don't use it more than advised or you will get a red rash which is super painful. I did that once.

Good luck out there.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.064 sec, (2)