CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What is the best book to understand hypertension Drugs- herb interactions?

Views: 3,764
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,709,703

Re: What is the best book to understand hypertension Drugs- herb interactions?

Hi Infinitereform,

I suggest your grandmother to quit smoking completely.
Smoking really raises blood pressure. I used smoke so I knew the effect myself.
I have had mild hypertension (it was really high when I was smoking, maybe I have a less than optimal kidney) but in under control now by eliminating salt (including Sea Salt ),and animal meats, and oils of any type after reading a book “prevent and reverse heat disease” by Dr. Esselstyne. I don’t think I have a high cholesterol problem but taking preventative major. The fact is that people with high cholesterol problem all develop high blood pressure. I am vegan without salt and all type of fats. Salt is IMO, really misunderstood substance along with all type of fats. Dietary fats means cholesterol. In my case, salt affects my kidney in negative way (water retention) and it causes me to overeat.
I recommend your grandmother to read his book because she really needs understand the cause of her hypertension. And I recommend her to watch documentary “Chow down”, free from Hulu web site. I could say that watching it changed my views to diets. I think that taking many supplements and herbs without changing one’s diet does not work in long run. IMO, They are just band aids.
I came to this conclusion after experimenting with different diets and supplements. I never tried to control my hypertension with herbs, so not much to say.

Good luck on your research.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.092 sec, (1)