CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Flu vs. Cold vs. Nothing! Why do some get many colds and others never?

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

More
More
SqueakyClean Views: 14,584
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,699,553

Re: Flu vs. Cold vs. Nothing! Why do some get many colds and others never?

I'd be interested to hear the answer to this, too.

I don't catch too many colds, perhaps one or two a year it seems. I am not sure I have ever had the flu. People say "Oh, if you had the flu, you'd KNOW" but... either when I have the flu it's milder than other people, or else I've just had some real bad colds involving muscle aches, fever, etc. such as you indicated, but I generally have a fast recovery time, it only lasts maybe 2 or 3 days. I really have no way of knowing what exactly it is.

Some people always seem to have something or other. I don't worry myself too much when I'm around those sick people -- I mean, I don't worry about myself catching it.

I will say this, I can smell a virus. When somebody has a cold or whatnot, I can smell it when I walk into the room, first thing, and the closer I get to them, the stronger it is. This can be an indicator to me if I'm likely to catch their cold or not, too, somehow.

Last month, I was around somebody for several hours on a Friday night who was recovering from a bug. We danced and talked and were in close quarters, and he had that virus smell very strongly. I wasn't concerned until I left, and could still smell it strongly for a while, which meant I'd brought it with me. I had to sing an entire recital program on Sunday afternoon, in other words it was not a good time to catch a virus (because one of the first things affected is the voice) so I just knocked back a bunch of vitamin C and vitamin D all day, drank green tea and avoided sugar. I could tell it I was battling the virus - that it was still lingering around me - but that seemed to keep it at bay, and in the end I was able to sing nicely and never did come down with that virus.

On the other hand, just this past weekend I was very naughty and essentially didn't eat anything except (homemade) cookies and scones all weekend! I started to get some symptoms that are very similar to one of my colds, but it was really just a reaction to eating all that crap. I didn't have the virus smell/taste, and after not eating that crap today the symptoms are quickly dissipating.

The other thing I've noticed is that some people miss a LOT of school or work due to one health thing after another. Now, I'm happy to have overall good health, BUT at the same time, I'm jealous, since I am pretty much never ill enough to skip anything. Oh, I may have an annoying sniffle and be lethargic, but it's really not enough for me to justifiably stay home "sick."

One other thing -- you know the expression "feed a cold, starve a fever", well, I pretty much starve any illness I have, and I don't know if that makes a difference.

Those are just my thoughts on the cold vs. flu vs. ??? topic. Interested to read other thoughts!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.577 sec, (2)