CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cooking With Dutch Oven Or Solar Cooker

Views: 1,663
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,700,452

Re: Cooking With Dutch Oven Or Solar Cooker

I meant to ask you about the post I noticed you had posted here not long ago. About the winter garden. Are you planting one?

I need to find it again, but there was a video I was watching last year, on how to keep vegetables by fermenting them. Old timers didn't have refrigeration, and that was one of the ways they kept their meat and vegetables (salt brine). I make sauerkraut, but I haven't tried making other fermented veggies yet.

Have you?

what are you putting in your winter garden? The deer have found what I have left in the garden- and my flowers and new lilac bushes I planted this year.

I remember a conversation I had with my Grandmother before she died. They lived way out in the boonies, with no refrigeration/electricity etc. One of the most important things for them, was a "spring house", where spring water kept things cool. If you've ever had the opportunity to scout around areas where there are old abandoned, log houses, they usually are next to a spring of some sort.

Just think like a pioneer.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)