CureZone   Log On   Join
Likely a must-see movie, don't hold your breath on final FDA approval

Dquixote1217 Views: 14,758
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,679,952

Likely a must-see movie, don't hold your breath on final FDA approval

Looks like a must-see movie to me.

Now, regarding the statement:

"When Antineoplastons are approved, it will mark the first time in history a single scientist, not a pharmaceutical company, will hold the exclusive patent and distribution rights on a paradigm-shifting medical break through."

I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.  As it says, such a thing has never once happened before and I don't think it is likely that it will happen in the foreseeable future the way the game is rigged.  In a nutshell, it will take several hundreds of millions of dollars to get all the way through FDA trials and to market.  Only the big pharma companies have the table stakes necessary to play at that game.  While you can find partners and venture capital firms to get through the relatively inexpensive phase I and II trials, which can be conducted for less than a million dollars total, independent money may be impossible to find for the hundreds and hundreds of millions it takes to get through the large scale further trials.

I'm not saying that it will be impossible, but I again note that it has never been done before and I personally know of two examples of what usually happens, which are the two oleander products currently in FDA trials.  Both of the independent biotech companies have no hope whatsoever of taking their products all the way to market and neither do they expect to retain any patent rights or have any distribution rights.  Rather, they hope that their phase I and II results will be sufficiently impressive to gain them a buyout by a large pharmaceutical company and perhaps tens of millions in profit for them and their investors.

Once a pharmaceutical company gets control of a cancer drug that is truly effective, do you really thing they will bring it to market in a truly effective form?  Cancer has become a $300 to $400 Billion a year industry whose continued survival and profits depend on NOT finding a cure for cancer. In my opinion the odds are very large that any truly effective medicine would either be shelved entirely or adulterated to be less effective so that it would in many instances merely drag out the patient's life a bit and be enormously profitable without being a widespread cure.

Burzynski's antineoplasms may be different than oleander though.  For one thing, approval of oleander would tend to validate oleander extract itself, and, while the powers that be could restrict or ban supplement sales based on an approved drug, they could not control people making their own unadulterated extract at home as perhaps thousands already do.  Plus, Burzynski's antineoplasms are considerably less than 100% effective and don't work at all for some cancers, such as testicular cancer and leukemia.

At any rate, the movie should be well worth watching to simply see the lenghts that the medical establishment and their agency servants will go to in order to suppress anything which threatens the profits of big medicine.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)