CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Costocondritis? My story

Molly Bloom Views: 19,371
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,677,565

Re: Costocondritis? My story

Oh you poor kid. Yep, I validate the pain you are feeling.

If Costo started due to trauma, then often it will resolve on it's own if you keep your torso relatively straight. It will need to heal, like a sprain.

But unfortunately, Costo is a diagnosis of exclusions. Like a garbage diagnosis when the Dr's can't find anything else that is wrong with you. Did they check your gall bladder? Gall bladder pain will mimic costo, and visa versa.

Odd that this started with a UTI. If you are a detective, then I would start exploring how something like that might have caused inflammation issues. After all, that's what costo is, inflammation.

Try to get an amino acid called DLPA. This stuff is fantastic for pain (I've personally found great relief with it). And start focusing on anti-inflammation through food sources. Kale is one of the best anti-inflammatory foods out there.

If this is caused by trauma, then you need to try not to overextend your torso for awhile (like working out). It's too bad that it's near to impossible to keep from moving this area in day to day living.

I also need to warn you. Western medicine didn't do squat for me. All they can do is give you stronger pain killers that actualy don't minimize the pain of this condition. I took percoset and that didn't even cut it.

Then, one of the best things I found was a massage therapist that knew how to do something like rolfing. There is much out there on this therapy being highly useful to relieve the pain.

Good luck.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)