CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Forgive me for my naivete, but...

champ2510 Views: 4,023
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,559,411

Re: Forgive me for my naivete, but...

Hey infinite love:

I noticed your question and I think maybe I should tell you. Years ago, I was raped and I have to tell you that it has been the most hard thing to overcome in my life. When I was in my first year of college, I went to a party. It was my first time away from home and I didn't have a lot of friends. I left a small high school where I knew everyone and everyone knew me, to a University where I was only a number. It was exciting, but very scary. When a few people I had met invited me to a party, I didn't think I was in any position to turn down making a few friends. There were lots of people there and I didn't really know anyone. I began drinking to loosen up. (A mistake I regret.) I started feeling very woozy and everything past that is very blurry. When the people who had invited me found me, I was in the alley with my pants down around my ankles, my wallet gone, and I was bleeding from the anus. They took care of me and saw that I received the medical attention I needed and that the authorities were notified. Despite the humiliation that I felt, the people who had invited me actually became my closest support group. Later they told me of the guilt they felt for not keeping an eye on me. My blood test revealed the presence of GHB. A drug most often referred to as "date rape". My rapist had slipped it into my beer when I wasn't paying attention. In a way, I'm very lucky....I was unconcious when I was attacked and robbed. Still, to tell you that it hasn't affected me would be a lie. So...don't be afraid to ask these questions. But remember, rape isn't about sex....its about power and taking away someones ability to make their own decisions. The sex is incidental. I hope this has helped you understand a little bit more about what can happen. If you are ever out with your friends, look out for them, even if they are men. Don't assume that it can't happen just because of someone's gender. Take care and God bless.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)