CureZone   Log On   Join
bumps on cheeks and upper arms GONE! - my solution

rocknlocks Views: 25,347
Published: 14 y

bumps on cheeks and upper arms GONE! - my solution

Having dealt with KP since early adolescence, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to wish it away, always hoping I would grow out of it. Now as a woman in her 30's, I think I have finally found a solution, much simpler than I ever would've thought. What I came to realize was that my skin was not lacking in some product with a sexy name or a manufactured cream with a fancy label. What my skin needed was to get back to it's roots - to a simplified routine based around pure, truly natural, food-derived oils and the avoidance of ALL brand-name skin care products including makeup.

After learning about the number of toxic ingredients in all non-organic skin care products, I decided to cut them out completely. What you put on your skin will eventually end up in your bloodstream. That was a good enough reason for me to really start reading labels and rethink my entire skin care routine.

Over a two year span, I have tried a number of different nut and seed oils which have all offered some degree of differing benefits to my skin's overall look and feel. Instead of using a moisturizing cream and body lotion I started by applying organic, virgin coconut oil at night. b/c it's so heavy, it takes a while to absorb into the skin. Applying any oil right after a bath or shower is optimal for the best absorbency. I would wake up with soft, smooth skin.

But b/c the VCO can be heavy, I needed another option for daytime wear, under makeup especially during the summer. So, I tried a number of different oils sold at both the grocery store and health food stores online including almond oil, alvocado oil, olive oil, clove oil, macadamia nut oil, walnut oil, oil of oregano and my two favorites out of the bunch, kalonji seed oil (middle-eastern market) and jojoba oil. Any of these can also be used to remove makeup including eye makeup gently and easily. The jojoba oil is light enough that it can be applied first thing in the morning under makeup w/o looking greasy. Gives skin a nice, natural glow!

For the most part, redness in my cheeks has decreased dramatically do to the fact that it's no longer being irritated by harsh chemical ingredients. I use only organic makeup products like Physician's Formula Organics and always read the ingredients to make sure I'm not getting anything I don't want. I now live by this rule: If you can't pronounce it, don't put it on your body.

Occasionally, I will experience some redness in my cheeks if I get sunburned or get really emotional or upset but it's not like it used to be. My cheeks no longer burn or feel hot to the touch nor are they bumpy at all. My upper arms have followed suit. No more bumps or redness at all! I never use creams or lotions on my body at all including sunscreen (which is actually quite toxic to the body, google it for more info).

Another good thing is, coconut oil, sesame seed oil and some of the other oils offer a natural SPF when applied before sun exposure (google it). Be careful to make sure the oil you choose falls into that category before going into the sun. A friend of mine made the sad mistake of liberally applying her new favorite almond oil before going to the beach - big mistake!

Send a note to my inbox if you have any questions about my experience.

Thanks!

Rocknlocks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)