CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: The four essential steps, that I've taken, that help me live with Heart Failure

Machaon Views: 7,408
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,540,800

Re: The four essential steps, that I've taken, that help me live with Heart Failure

Re: Chronic High BP of 147/93, from 1998 to 2004 based on 14832 readings, now 126/73!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon
  • Avoiding unhealthy foods, drinks, triggers, irritants, pollutants, allergens.
    I discovered the things that negatively effect my blood pressure and health by tracking my blood pressure an average of seven times per day, since 1998. To this day, I am still uncovering unhealthy triggers.
    I'm still shocked that so many common, seemingly innocuous things can have such a negative effect on our blood pressure and health, worsening the lives of those with CHF, MS, CFS, FMS, etc.
I have learned some very interesting things by recording my blood pressure an average of seven times per day, over a ten year span. Slowly and methodically, I was able to link various products, additives, pollutants, pollens, foods and drinks as contributors to High Blood Pressure and the worsening of other health problems, especially immune disorders.

To me, one of the worst triggers of higher blood pressure is automobile exhaust. 

Another source of higher blood pressure/bad health triggers can be found among the "wonderful", countless new and old chemicals that our chemical companies have developed without doing sufficient testing to see if they are doing any harm to the health of man or beast. 

Chemical companies keep developing new and more powerful chemicals in order to improve our lives by making products stronger and lighter and more effective. Their intentions are good. Their products are becoming more useful, and their profits and efforts create good paying jobs.

However, no matter how good their intentions, some of their new chemical inventions could be causing increased health problems for millions. And..... some of the older chemicals, that have been used in common, frequently used products for decades, can also cause worsening health for many, especially those with Immune System disorders, such as Allergies, CHF, MS, CFS, FMS, etc..

There is insufficient testing of new products and chemicals as to their propensity to cause health problems. Every time I read that there is a newly developed chemical being put into frequently used products, I shudder. 

My blood pressure is at very healthy levels, and I am doing very well despite having Heart Failure, Permanent Atrial Fibrillation and Asthma for decades. But I have to live in a pseudo bubble, avoiding many products and irritants, in order to have reasonably good health and in order to survive my chronic, life-threatening illnesses.

It's been very frustrating, enlightening, rewarding and restrictive, but the end result is that my health is doing reasonably well for someone approaching 70, and my health continues to improve. It's not easy living the restrictive lifestyle that I live, but the alternatives are mortality and morbidity, so what are my choices?!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.110 sec, (3)