CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Does one have to be a member of something to ask a question???

Dr Mom Views: 1,708
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,546,104

Re: Does one have to be a member of something to ask a question???

However, a couple of weeks ago, the cardiologist told me she does not have a spleen, which means she cannot fight bacterial infections on her own.  Last week, she had her final tests run, which included a heart catherization to determine the pressure in her lungs and to verify what they had seen on the echos.  In a normal heart, the pulmonary veins (these carry the oxygenated blood back to the heart) are attached to the left side of the heart.  In Kaylee's case, they are attached to the superior vena cava (the tube that delivers the unoxygenated blood from the top part of the body back to the heart).  This means that her oxygenated blood is being dumped in with the unoxygenated blood before it ever gets to her heart.  They are supposed to be getting back with me today to give me their final recommendations, but when I pinned the cardiologist down last week, he admitted they wouldn't be able to do anything to help her - except to offer comfort measures.

As you can see by the following picture - so far, we're doing okay on our own.

Dec 2009 032 by Dr Mom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)