CureZone   Log On   Join
Cravings during fasting

rebeccarebecca Views: 1,333
Published: 15 years ago

Cravings during fasting

Hi, I'm on my 5th day of a Water Fast right now

I do think I have an over eating disorder, although its not as bad as it was since I am no longer depressed
but I still find myself wanting to binge now and then and have had trouble losing the weight I gained (30 lbs) during my depression

I decided to fast and have been preparing myself psychologically for it these past couple months, but right now, as I begin I am facing strong urges to eat, not because I am hungry, but because I want to eat
I crave junk foods and candy

It's really difficult
but I am very determined to change my life, especially for the new year which is just around the corner.

I am planning on going Vegan after I complete this fast, and know that if I can complete a fast of this length (40 or + days) I can develop healthy eating habits and conform to a vegan based eating lifestyle

I just wonder if anyone else has gone through this, and has any advice, or tips, to get through this
Maybe even a success story would be quite encouraging

All I know is I feel I am going through withdrawal, and I see everyday how much the American lifestyle revolves around meals. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Snacks.
We spend so much time eating, and thinking of eating, and preparing and planning for food to eat, that it's ridiculous, and I don't want my life to be about when I next get to eat.

Anyway,
Thanks for reading
I appreciate any feedback

Rebecca

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.129 sec, (1)