CureZone   Log On   Join
Newbie, lips peeling every 18 hrs

antiquityhill Views: 11,277
Published: 15 y

Newbie, lips peeling every 18 hrs

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the peeling lip forum.

I can't believe I'm in my forties and finally have an answer for this ickiness. No docs could figure it out all this time. Thank goodness for the internet. Are there links to causes?

The thing that is strange to me, is that I hear people talk about peeling every few days, yet I can't make a single day without shedding like a snake. It's been more or less this way since I was about 17. Is anyone else here like this?

I've tried everything. Sunshine makes it go away for a day or so, then I'm back where I started. Is this the same with others here too?

Also, as of last month, I now test positive for SSA and SSB antibodies, so my rheumatologist is considering a diagnosis of Sjogren's instead of Lupus (my previous Dx). I have also developed stomatitis (canker sores) which may or may not be related - who knows. I have a lot of health issues, but the lip thing has always been there.

The sun causes problems for the rest of my skin, but it temporarily "heals" my lips. Again, is this normal for others? I would just go outside, but because of the Lupus (or whatever) sensitivity, I can't. Nothing else touches it for more than a few minutes. It's so uncomfortable, not to mention downright ugly. Ick.

Oh yeah, the fordyce spots - I've got those too...

Thx all

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)