CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Milas Nettles

vairagi Views: 20,277
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,497,915

Re: Milas Nettles

Synchronous .Just last week I mentioned to one of the Rinpoches the story of Milas eating the green. I said pine needles as I always have, and his comment was " ah, yes".So I shut up.

Yes Milarepa is beyond as is his story. I have never had a discussion on this topic except with regard to the extremity of the usage and its outcome. Yes there are pine trees in the mountainous area of his practicing and I always thought that the wording was just a translation thing when I read Evans-Wentz since his cave is part of a range that reaches over 22,000 feet and the nettles we are familiar with are a temperate weather plant. But now when I reread the passage it seems fairly unambiguous that he is not describing pine needles at all. Such a great tale.

The next time Im up at the DKC monestary I will delicately pursue the topic, the Rinpoche is from Ladak so he just might have a clue on this.

Thanks for getting me thinking about it again and of course bringing up the thought of Milarepa, another beautiful manifestation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)