CureZone   Log On   Join
Taking and charting your Daily Body Temperature Question

inkev1961 Views: 648
Published: 15 years ago

Taking and charting your Daily Body Temperature Question

Hi! I'm fairly healthy and in good shape, but really concerned with this Swine Flu H1N1.

I run elevated temperatures throughout the week as it is, but with this flu H1N1 thing

I've been taking my temperature every day at least once.

With researching online about the Public Schools mandatory Body Temperature Checks on students (Children)

then I am sure its of great concern about fevers.

I have a friend who is a nurse and she told me that with this H1N1 virus that one needs to get an accurate thermometer reading.

Also she reminded me of the methods and routes of measurement and the contradictions, such as mouth breathing with an oral thermometer (as I am)

I do not trust ear thermometer readings and I am not sure about underarm temps. I have a digital thermometer and still have a few mercury glass ones.

She told me that with the seriousness of this disease that she,at her hospital ER where she works at want accuracy

with the Swine Flu H1N1.

People are really coming in the ER and complain of fever with various symptoms She said the patients with symptoms and fever are getting oral Mouth reading first, but if its in doubt, then they are being taken in the rectum. At Any Age.

I just wanted to share and see what others think of temperatures and methods and if methods really do matter.

Also would like to know what the normals are for each route of measurement.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)