CureZone   Log On   Join
A guide to dealing with doctors who think its all in your head OR how to get the tests you need.

TRUTH_HURTS Views: 2,141
Published: 15 years ago

A guide to dealing with doctors who think its all in your head OR how to get the tests you need.

LPN12345 asked: "But when the docs tell you you don't smell and you know you do then what?"

You tell them to trust that you would not waste your time coming in to visit them on such an embarrassing subject if it were not true & to start ordering all applicable tests or you will need to report them to the medical board, and for fun give them a negative review on yelp and similar sites to let everyone know how bad of a doctor he/she is.

The easiest way to get any test you would like (within reason for this ailment) is to request it from the doctor, explain the purpose of the test as best you can, and if he/she refuses just say something like:

"That's fine, but please note your refusal of this test in your physicians notes. For example: I could not smell patient in the 4 minutes sitting in my office - I will be in the waiting room waiting for a copy of the notes so that I can include them in my formal complaint to the [business entity doctor works for] and the medical review board."

Any test you want.

A doctor who is trying to make a determination of a condition like this from your outside presence in under 5 minutes isn't going to judge the situation correctly. To top it off, you will probably be displaying traits of anxiety (because it's embarrassing, and you're finally there talking about it). A very bad doctor lacking compassion and understanding of what it took for you to be there will try to send you to Psychiatry. Report them.

You have to take control of your own health. That doesn't mean cowering away from the "mean & worthless" doctor to an internet forum and trying every suggestion under the sun from non-medical professionals. It does mean making the service provider you are paying for (the doctor) do the job you are paying them to do.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.118 sec, (1)