CureZone   Log On   Join
Diet for Ulcerative Colitis CURE

Views: 3,060
Published: 22 years ago

This is a reply to # 140,625

The diet is just as important as the vitamin E enema. Vegetables have an insoluble fiber that binds stool. Fruit has a soluble fiber that has the opposite effect. No fruit or fruit juice of any kind.

No frozen vegetables. Freezing destroys the fiber structure. It is easy to use all the vegetables. Wash them all and use part of each, keep the rest in the refrigerator.

I fill a bowl 7”x 2.5” twice a day with cooked broccoli, carrot, parsnip, turnip, yellow squash ,mushrooms. It is easy to prepare in a micro-oven. You place slices of carrot, parsnip and turnip in the bowl for 2 minutes.

Than add the broccoli (the best) and yellow squash for another 2.50 minutes.

You than add the mushrooms for 1.75 minutes. Asparagus, upper part of stalk only, baked potato, cauliflower, tapioca pudding are good.. On a George Forman grill, I cook either salmon or chicken breast. I fry using olive oil, egg whites, 1/3 cup, (sold in a carton) with chopped onions every day .You can use 3 eggs a week .The onion is optional but very good. You can also use canned tuna or sardines or other fish.

Each day I have ¼ cup of brown rice with low fat yogurt, Sugar is O.K.

I cook ¾ of a cup of dry barley; then keep in the refrigerator and use at every meal.

Also corn (Delmonte uses unfrozen corn). I also eat the following but would not use until you are cured.

I eat frozen chocolate yogurt (no fruit) and Drink skim milk without bad effect; some time high fiber spaghetti. (7 grams of fiber) with tomato sauce. One banana.

It is very important to use distilled water. No cold drinks. Some bottled water is no better than tap water. I use a distiller (Sears) what I remove is a cup of brown water from every gallon of city water and since the colon is sore it may be sensitive to these things.

I can eat every thing in a restaurant now, even salads, without a bad effect. I may lose stool form (I use as the indicator) for a bad food choice.

This diet is not written in stone!

Use other fresh vegetables you may prefer or limit the grains. Eat comfortable portion amounts and a variety of vegetables, each have a different fiber. There will be an increase in flatulence until your colon becomes accustomed to the fiber in your diet.

As always, any question, ASK.

You should also be sure to eat egg whites twice a day and walk at least 30 minutes a day. No stressful exercise.

If you cannot follow the diet CLOSELY for a short time period to get the positive result, don’t start the procedure. THE PROCEDURE WILL NOT WORK IF THE DIET IS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY. The fiber binds the stool keeping irritation against the colon wall to a minimum that stops the bleeding and aids the colon in healing itself. The vitamin E works at the source of the infection.

The above vegetables are all high fiber. You should see a positive effect in 6 days. After the procedure, you can make diet adjustments that will be right for you. The food should be well cooked and warm. The outer skin of the parsnip, carrot and turnip should be scraped off. Vegetable skins have a high concentration of fiber that can be an irritant to the colon..
A $ 2.50 vegetable peeler works fine.

Follow the diet as closely as possible.

Remember no fruit or fruit juice!

If you try the procedure, any information sent back should be helpful to others.

If possible read “NEW FACTS ABOUT FIBER’ by Betty Kamen PHD

The Elaine Gottschall SCD diet will not work there are to many wrong food fibers.

Rest 15 minutes after eating

If you have not been using vegetables, start the higher fiber diet by eating smaller portions over a period of time.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.143 sec, (2)