CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Edit: Common Sense Natural Healing Steps 3-4

healinginHiswings Views: 1,937
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,396,741

Re: Edit: Common Sense Natural Healing Steps 3-4

hi

Hi CL!

can you suggest some things for NOT loosing weight through vegan raw food if you are still underweight?

Sure can, but let's talk about this for a minute. I'm pretty new at raw fooding, so I wouldn't take my answer as the last word, 'K? Having said that, here's my understanding of what happens when you go raw. First what your body does is detox. It cleanses. It's finally able to get the real, true nutrition it was designed to get, and it releases all the bad gunk it has been forced to store because of our bad habits and food choices. It LOOKS like, from my studies, that this process takes about a year. I hate to put a time limit on it because people are so different. But I've read a bunch of raw stories/blogs and this looks like a consensus. For a while, it really does (or it sometimes can) look like these people look like skinny, pasty nerds who never see the sun. I recall reading several stories where raw foodies were getting "concerned comments" from the people they knew. That might be what you are noticing.

However,  once that phase is over (if it occurs at all- I don't know if it's universal or not), the body starts putting on healthy weight in the form of lean muscle mass. I know of one professional body builder who lost 50 pounds of body fat in a year on a raw diet, and the second year added twenty pounds of strong, healthy muscle tissue. The first year he concentrated on detoxifying food, and the second year he bulked up with fatty raw foods such as avocadoes, lots of raw nuts, coconut and coconut oil, almond milk, and raw olives.

its not easy to promote and back up ones diet as healthy if you look really unhealthy, skinny and pale, and lots of raw vegan people do so.

Really? Man, we must be looking at different people, then. Check out Ani Phyo, Dhrumril Purohit, Denise Mari, David Wolfe, and Lillian Muller to name just a few. These people are gorgeous!

and its even harder to justify this diet for yourself if you are getting thinner and thinner every day through something which should make you more healthy.

Is this you? Are you having trouble on a raw diet? I bet we can figure out some solutions for you if you are.

thx

You're most welcome!
cl

Wings

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)