CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: When to keep my kids home from school

BlueRose Views: 2,200
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,382,429

Re: When to keep my kids home from school

When my daughter was young, I would judge each situation differently rather than have a one size fits all approach. For example, she once had a low grade fever so I called our health plan's advice nurse. I was told that if she felt fine otherwise, to send her to school and that the fever should subside in a day or two. When after 4 days it didn't, I called the nurse again and was told to bring her in. It turned out she had an ear infection and needed Antibiotics . Then I was told to keep her out of school for a day.

Another time she had a nagging cough so off to the doctor who gave her a prescription for cough syrup and said she could go to school. When the prescription ran out and she wasn't better, we took her to the doctor again. This time she was diagnosed as having viral pneumonia and put on a nebulizer. She was allowed to go to school.

Only once when she was in the second grade, did I misjudge and send her to school. She had a low grade fever and was feeling achy one day. I told her she should stay home. She cried and said she really wanted to go to school and didn't feel that bad. Sure enough---the school called later in the morning and said to take her home as she was feeling worse.

So, you see, it's often a matter of judging each situation. Obviously, I wouldn't have sent her to school if she had a high grade fever, diarrhea or was vomiting. I would have taken her to the doctor right away.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)