CureZone   Log On   Join
Looking for advice/support on possible cavitations

Views: 9,121
Published: 15 y

Looking for advice/support on possible cavitations

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am very grateful to all of you who hang out here to share advice for those of us who are weary of not feeling well. Thought I would post my story and my plan for healing. I'll also post about my progress. If any of you see something here that I might not have noticed, I'm open to your observations. Here's my history:

Late 1970's - Had my lower left and upper right wisdom teeth out because they were impacted.

1990's - Had lots of Amalgams over the decades. As soon as I heard about possible problems with mercury, I started having them changed out with composites, but only as needed, and not by anyone educated in the proper process. I remember swallowing chunks of amalgam.

July 2007, my regular dentist changed out a big filling in #18 (lower left molar). Did a quick and messy job of it. I returned twice to have him try to make space between 18 and 19 so I could clean in between those two teeth. Food was getting stuck but I could not get floss or a floss threader in to clean it out.

August 2007, a lump developed on my upper left arm. It was examined by an MD, who thought it was a lipoma (benign fatty tumor). She referred me to an orthopedic surgeon.
After an MRI, the orthopedic surgeon said he could not see anything. He also said it was probably a lipoma and said to come back if it became a problem.

September 2007 - Dentist finally used an electric tool and routed out a trench between my #18 and #19 molars that was so big, everything I put in my mouth got stuck in that spot. Very frustrating. This was a low quality dental experience. My husband had also had am extremely low quality experience with him. We both decided to move on to someone else.

October 2007 - April 2008
While flying home from Minneapolis in Oct 07, my left ear became very painful although I was able to consistently pop the pressure in my ear. The pain went away within a day of the flight. Again while flying (Dec 07), my left ear became very painful again. The pain stayed for four days. I visited an MD who said my ear looked like I had barioitis (airplane ear). I took decongestant medicine before flying again (Jan 08), but I had pain again. In April 2008, after flying, the pain would not go away. After 5 days, I figured out that it might actually be a toothache, not an earache after all.

May 2008 - I already had an appointment scheduled with a new dentist. She saw an abscess at the root of molar #18 and sent me for a root canal. She did not want to attempt it herself because the roots were curved. She said, "This type of infection can quietly sap all your body's energy for years." My naturopath warned me not to have the root canal, as she was personally dealing with chronically infected root canals. I thought I might be able to have a better result, so I went ahead. Began taking Clindamycin antibiotic

When the endodontist opened the tooth, she said the infection was so old that the tooth was calcified inside - with a 'pulp stone'. She said this tooth would require 3 or 4 visits to get all of the roots cleaned out. She left the tooth open to drain and gave me little cotton balls to put into the hole to keep food out. She also said the same words, "This type of infection can quietly sap all your body's energy for years." She also determined that the tooth in front of it (#19) was probably infected, too, because it was very sensitive.

Was the infection already there when the original dentist replaced the filling in the summer of 2007?

After the second root canal treatment, the endodontist was able to get all the roots out, so she decided to put in a temporary filling. I protested saying that I did not want an active infection closed up. She felt it would resolve on its own with the Antibiotic I was taking. She also said that I might have pain after the temporary filling was in. I was in pain within an hour of leaving her office.

During the days after that visit, the tooth became so painful and there was so much pressure under it, that it actually became loose and was being pushed up out of my jaw.

At my regular May appointment, my naturopath referred me to Groton Dental Wellness in Groton, Massachusetts, because she was afraid of the whole root canal process getting me into more trouble.

Within a few days, I saw Dr. G. Robert Evans who recommended an extraction. While driving home from Groton, I called an oral surgeon my husband had used and they got me right in that afternoon. I asked the oral surgeon to clean out the ligaments and he insisted it was not necessary and didn't do it. I was in too much pain and was too desperate to have the tooth removed to argue with him. The tooth was removed and I continued on Antibiotics .

The swelling in my jaw did not go down until I had an acupuncture appointment a couple of weeks later. After the acupuncturist inserted the needles, I felt a warm liquid swooshing feeling go down out of my jaw, down my neck and away into my body. I believe I actually felt the lymph fluid drain.

Although, the abscessed tooth was gone, my lymph glands were drained, and my intestines were being repopulated with acidophilus, I could not regain my energy level. I continued to have fluid behind my eardrum. I wondered if I still had an infection in #19.

September 2008 - Molar #19 became sensitive. My own dentist decided to do the root canal herself because the tooth had less complicated roots. When a piece of tool broke off deep in the bottom of one of the roots, she said I would have to have an apicoectomy to remove the root tip.

At the second visit, she saw that #19 had such a big deep crack in it that it would not be safe or stable for a crown. She recommended extraction.

October 2008 - I made an appointment with the same oral surgeon who extracted #18 and by the time I saw him, the tooth was very painful. I believe he placed some Antibiotic into the hole, but he did not prescribe oral Antibiotics . He believed that since the original source of bacteria (the cracked tooth) was removed, my body would easily recover without the side effects of Antibiotics .

After this extraction, the constant ringing in my ears abated somewhat. My ears are back to ringing at a distracting level now.

My gum over the #19 extraction and forward around #20 is inflamed, making it uncomfortable to wear the partial denture I got to replace the missing teeth.

I have never stopped having pain in my jaw at the site of #19. The oral surgeon said it might be neuralgia. The nerve was definitely tender to the touch. He does not see an infection and says the bone is healing normally. Even though I asked him about the inflamed gum, he did not have an answer. He did not want to prescribe antibiotics and suggested seeing my regular dentist again.

He noted that my left temporomandibular joint looks worn down in the xray.

He also noted the roots of #16 (upper molar) have darkness around them, possibly indicated infection there, as well.

The lymph glands in my lower left jaw are building up fluid again. The lymph nodes in my left armpit and axillary area down into my left breast are swollen and painful. I had thermography to rule out Breast Cancer and the only area of interest was my thyroid and a possible trigger point. I actually believe the MD reading the thermographs was seeing my inflamed lymph nodes.

Since late November, the lump in my upper arm has gotten larger. For the past several weeks, it has become increasingly painful. I feel it hurting all the time and it seems to be causing some nerve issues - slight weakness, numbness, tingling. After reading the article below from Dr. Breiner's website, I see that the lump in my arm was probably the first indication of a dental infection.

I had a bout of bronchitis that began January 2009 and stayed for a full four weeks. It only resolved after I began taking n-acetyl cysteine. I do still have some sticky yellow phelgm and mucous.

My energy level is extremely low. After sleeping, I wake up feeling as tired as when I went to sleep. I feel exhausted all the time. I have to lay down to rest after any physical activity. I had mononucleosis in 2002 and I am more tired now.

Naturopath has diagnosed me with severe adrenal fatigue, with immeasurably low levels of cortisol. To treat this, I am taking DHEA, biotin, pantothenic acid, licorice and ashwaganda extracts, etcetera. I have not felt the slightest improvement in the two weeks I have been taking those remedies.

Heart arrythmia and premature ventricular contraction have gotten better with hawthorn extract and magnesium glycinate.

Naturopath believes I have cavitations in my jaw and that are carrying persistent infection and this is partly what is stressing my whole system. She want me to avoid cavitation surgery by aggressive treatment with Premier Research Labs Medi-Dental Packs. She feels that she was successful in healer her own dental problems with this.

Returned to Groton Dental Wellness last week of Feb 2009. They have scheduled me for March 23rd to have an EAV evaluation to identify infection sites, etc., with a Dr. Lashner, who comes up from Georgia once a month to work with them. Anyone heard of him?

Immediately following the EAV, Dr. Lashner will assist G. Robt Evans, DMD in cavitation surgery , followed by laser treatment and acupuncture. I live 100 miles away, so I am to go to a hotel and sleep overnight and return the next morning for another acupuncture treatment. Don't know what other treatment I will be given - antibiotics, homeopathics?

+ How does this treatment plan sound to you?
+ Have you heard of this Dr. Lashner?
+ Anyone have cavitation surgery with Dr. Evans of Groton Dental Wellness in Massachusetts?
+ Anyone had success healing cavitations with Premier Research Labs Medi-Dental Packs?
+ Will cavitation surgery allow my adrenal function to return?

Thanks for your attention.
Patti

Discovered this at Dr. Breiner's site:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.wholebodymed.com/library_education_details.php?pid=10

Dental Detective Story: Cavitation

Having a toothache, Ruth, 65 years old, had a root canal performed on a lower left first molar. However, the pain persisted. She then had the tooth extracted but the pain continued. Going to several MD's and DDS's no cause could be found. Her energy also ebbed away and she was no longer able to dance or play golf. Then numerous discrete areas of swelling on her left arm developed. A biopsy was not diagnostic so her doctor decided it would be best to surgically remove the growths. Before that happened, Ruth decided to see me. I felt a cavitation was present in the area of extraction and injected a small amount of anesthetic - the pain immediately stopped. That convinced Ruth that I was right and she decided to have surgery to clean out her jaw bone rather than have arm surgery. The cavitation site was very small. A few weeks after the surgery, Ruth came in for a checkup. She had no more facial pain, no more swellings on her arm and she was going to Florida so she could golf all winter. Three years later, she is still in excellent health. © 2003, Mark A. Breiner, DDS

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (6)