CureZone   Log On   Join
Need a lawyer

truehawk Views: 2,995
Published: 18 y

Need a lawyer

Went to my Docter, who did a lot of reading and actually was willing to help me, he is now gone, and no one is talking but it has the feel that he has been run out of town by his more conservative bretheren.

Need a law firm that is game to bring a Grasley Act (Federal False Claims Act)action against Medical Schools and Hospitals for ignoring the bacterial biofilm origin of chronic sinusitis, in favor of ineffective treatments based on a sterile inflammatory process paradigm (allergy).

This is provably false, but ENT policy makers have been ignoring the evidence for YEARS and causing massive additional mortality and morbidity.

Engineer who maintain piping and water systems have long known that multispecies bacterial colonies living in a calyx of polysacride/protein slime contribute to corrosion and fouling of flowing water systems. These are commonly called bio-films. Over the years it has become clear that most bacteria live in these communities and have an entirely different metabolic profile and vulnerably than when they are free swimming. Bacteria in biofilms are almost invulnerable to some Antibiotics like the penicillin because unless the calyx is broken down first. These same biofilm structures are clearly visible in sinus sufferers.

The National Science Foundation funds the Center for Biofilm Engineering at Montana State

http://www.erc.montana.edu/CBEssentials-SW/research/default.htm.

There has been new evidence EVERY MONTH since the mid 90s that sinusitis and a number of mucoid diseases in humans are not caused by allergic reactions, but by bacteria living in bio-films consisting of a number of different types of microorganisms living in a goo that the bacteria themselves produce.

This is the COMMON form of chronic sinusitis, the one that most people that seek ENT attention have, and it is being treated WRONGLY as a sterile inflammatory process, NOT a bacterial disease.

Even when medical researchers DO report the biofilm, there is often a demur saying that the biofilm should not be treated with Antibiotics , when indeed microlaide Antibiotics are effective in stripping and preventing the reformation of biofilms.

Chronic sinusitis is commonly attributed to allergies, and steroids are often prescribed. Steroids dry up the sinuses but interfere with the immune system and often make the underlying condition worse. When ENTS proscribe Antibiotic those they most use are ineffective against bacteria in biofilms.

For a number of years it has been known that if Alginate layse and DNASE are used with antibiotics, the mucoid bacteria can be effectively combated with antibiotics, however the medical establishment stubbornly refuses to recognize the research and change their practice guidelines. Their response to the new data is to ignore it, in other words to be willfully negligent.

Here are two references. One from this April, and one from 1998.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retriev...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retriev...

The practice guidelines of the American Society of Otorhinolaryngoests are wrong for treating a condition that IS PROVEABLY CAUSED BY BACTERIA!!!!!

The hospitals are heavy recipients of government money for care of the indigent and teaching subsidies.

They come under the Grasley Act.

The fact that they are remaining willfully ignorant, refusing to use any microscope that will give them better depth of field, refusing to use any culture techniques that don't kill or obscure what they might be looking for, refusing to measure the viscosity of mucus and prescribe enzyme sprays that will help thin it out needlessly subjects patients, particularly those that are institutionalized, to years of blockage sinuses and simi-stranglation.

The hospitals are heavy recipients of government money for care of the indigent and teaching subsidies.

They come under the Grasley Act. If they willfully set ineffective treatments, and willfully withhold effective treatments, then they should be held accountable.

There is a LOT of good data out there. Go to Pub Med and search on bio-film sinusitis.

Go to the National Science Foundation Center for Biofilm Engineering site. I am a metallurgist and have seen bio-films in piping systems and I have seen the biofilm in the goo from my sinuses, and been told that I was wrong, even though I had a monograph in one hand and a photograph of what is in my sinuses in the other.

I have heard the 'we don't have to look at what is there we know it is an allergy" response from the doctors at three university hospitals, including Duke in 2005.

Are you game? The class is in the millions, (what is being unable to sleep because you can't breath through your nose for years worth) and unless it costs them some money they are not going to change.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (3)