CureZone   Log On   Join
Surgery in 5 days...

rerod Views: 5,543
Published: 15 years ago

Surgery in 5 days...

I fell at work 9 years ago and tried to catch myself on the way down pulling my left arm back over my head. I heard a tear followed by extreme pain. I could not raise my arm above my head for at least two or three weeks. It slowly became better over the course of a year, but Iv never felt it healed 100%. As the years went by I occasionally hurt it again and again. One time only running after my truck when it rolled down the street. Another time installing vertical vinyl siding reaching straight up and pushing to the left. Then this December I derailed my chain on my bike and almost went over the handle bars. In my attempts to stay on my bike I felt the same pain as the original injury 9 years ago. I had to take a few weeks off from work before I could reach above my head but the pain and weakness still exists today. I cant sleep through the night. I received a MRI and was told I tore my rotator cuff and need surgery. My Doctor at Steindler Orthopedic Clinic in Iowa City, Dr Lash, has scheduled surgery on March 6. This Friday. I'm wondering if I will regret this..

Any input would be appreciated?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (1)